No matter how times change, the need for families to preserve and share their unique history is timeless. People are always looking for the best way to celebrate special family events, share their history, and welcome new family members. No matter which photo book software for print store you choose, digitally printing your photobook is the most efficient and cost-effective option.
Photo albums can be a nice keepsake, but it’s expensive and time-consuming to print digital photographs and create albums. Most families only have one set of albums for this reason, which limits sharing.
Sharing photos socially is a great way to commemorate good times with friends, but doesn’t have the impact of a physical album, and they can be difficult to retrieve and organize later on.
And scrapbooks are beautiful memory keepsakes, but it’s expensive and challenging to produce multiple copies for the whole family.
This is why more and more people are turning their digital photographs into beautiful photo memory books, sharing their family history in a way that is both special and easy to distribute.
When creating a photo book, the options are endless, and the choices reflect the unique story of the family and the aesthetics of the person creating the album. But here are some creative options to consider for family photographs:
– When taking portraits of children, get close, and then get closer. Extreme closeup portraits are interesting and attractive, and eliminate potentially distracting background elements.
– Take a photograph of a daughter dressing up in mom’s wedding dress, or a son in dad’s tuxedo, and then share the photograph on their wedding day.
– Repeat elements over time. Take a photograph every year with the same interesting object or accessory; or replicate places and poses.
Organizing a family photobook chronologically is natural. But feel free to get creative and choose a theme instead. Popular themes include school, weddings, holidays, birthdays, and vacations. Each family member could have a book devoted to them, in addition to shared images of the group together. This is just another way that digitally organizing your photos into a book is easy and convenient; using the same images in multiple contexts is easy and inexpensive.
– To add visual interest, remember to scan handwritten notes, and cocktail napkins. Take additional photos of children’s drawings, matchbook covers, wine labels, ticket stubs, and baggage claim tickets. Having these little details available not only adds visual interest to the photobook, but makes the experience more personal.
– Start with images that are as high a resolution as possible; that way you preserve image quality by scaling down, instead of losing quality by scaling up. Compiling high-quality images is much easier when working off your own computer, as opposed to uploading them to an online service; it can be time-consuming and frustrating to upload so many high-resolution files. The best photo book software for retailers will support the home user working locally.
– When it comes time to print your book, remember to print enough copies for everyone who will want one of their own. The whole family can keep these precious keepsakes to remember special events and moments.
And most importantly, have fun! This is an opportunity to express your creativity and design something that expresses the unique personality of yourself and your family.